2013 TOWA Conference Location: Galveston, Texas
• Galveston Island is located on the Gulf of Mexico, 50 miles South of Houston.
• Galveston Island is a barrier reef island that averages 2 miles in width, offering 32 miles of Gulf Coast beaches.
• Galveston Island offers temperate weather year-round, averaging 57°F in the winter months and 81°F in summer months
• Galveston Island has four historic districts on the National Register of Historic Places, which include The Strand National Historic Landmark District, East End Historic District, Silk Stocking District and Central Business District.
• Galveston Island is home to three National Historic Landmarks including the Tall Ship Elissa, East End and The Strand and has approximately 1,500 historic buildings on the National Register of Historic Places.
If you have ideas about upcoming conference contact: TJ Greaney (
) or David Sikes (