What is it?
The Bob Hood Scholarship is a is awarded annually to one student currently enrolled at an accredited Texas college or university who is preparing for a career related to the outdoors, environmental conservation, or wildlife management and conservation. This scholarship is named in honor and memorial of Mr. Bob Hood.
Who Gets It?
Strong preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate career goals that include communicating with the general public through mass communication and include examples of work published in mass media, as well as student members of TOWA at their respective college chapters. The winner will be presented at the TOWA annual conference in February 2021, and we encourage all scholarship applicants to attend. This year’s scholarship recipient will be awarded $500 towards scholastic costs.
How to Get It?
Your application must include the following:
- Completed form
- A statement of your career goals and your plans to accomplish them after graduation
- A written summary of your outdoor activities, both professional and volunteer
- Published articles, newspaper stories, photos, etc. are optional and non-returnable
- A copy of your degree plan and an unofficial transcript showing all college work
- A letter of recommendation from your department chair or your faculty adviser
- Optional: Any other letters of recommendation; letters from TOWA members are encouraged but not required